Smaart RT Release Notes
- Improved click-ability of traces in plots
- Improved user experience when using "SyncSource TF" with TF engines that don't follow the global FFT size
- Improved behavior when an audio device's channel count changes (Dante)
- Removed hot plug/automatic device detection in the Windows build and replaced with a "Refresh" button in I-O Config
- A name is now required when renaming captured traces and live engines
- Fixed a crash that could occur if an API connection was intermittent
- Fixed a bug where the "Signal" droplist in the Signal Generator Dialog might be empty
- Fixed a bug where multi-selecting and dragging traces to the plot would only show the first trace
- Fixed a bug where stopping an engine would not remove the trace from the plot in Multi Spectrum view
- Fixed a bug where the auto-populated trace capture name did not update after renaming a measurement engine
- Fixed a bug where engine name uniqueness was not being enforced in some circumstances
- Fixed a bug where an engine's outline color did not update immediately after changing the engine color
- Fixed a bug where the Target Curve list did not update immediately after importing a target curve
- Fixed a bug where Decade-scale frequency labels were incorrect
- Fixed a bug where some hotkey presses would affect multiple traces in the Windows build
- Fixed a bug where the Client Window input meters would flash
- Fixed various bugs related to Live/Captured Averages
- Fixed various bugs related to locked/peak cursors
- Enhanced overall app performance, especially on Apple Silicon
- Fixed various issues with full-screening application windows in macOS.
- The Signal Generator droplist in the Control Bar now correctly limits choices when SyncSource™ is enabled.
- Fixed a bug where Y axis labels were incorrect if the value was more than 999
- Fixed a crash that occurred when starting or stopping a Live TF Average when "Always Calculate" (LIR) was unchecked in TF Measurement Settings.
- Fixed a crash that occurred in the Windows build when moving cursor focus between text fields
- Fixed a crash that occurred when Restoring Defaults immediately after Restoring Defaults.
- Added option to disable audio device scanning (hot plug)
- Fixed a bug where Live Average traces were changing upon capturing
- Fixed a bug where Mic Correction Curves were not applying to TFs when Mag Averaging was set to Complex.
- Fixed a bug where applying FTW smoothing would cause some of the traces to shift up in the HF
- Fixed a bug where the "Move" (M) command would move multiple traces instead of just the top trace.
Disallowed forward slash and backslash in various name input fields
Fixed a bug that triggered a “Runtime error” on some Windows computers
Fixed a bug where the Skin selection from saved configurations was being ignored
Fixed a bug where Traces captured through the Client Window had the wrong name
Fixed a bug where some captured average traces showed 0.00 dB in the cursor readout despite having valid Magnitude data
Fixed a bug where plots did not respond to navigational hotkeys (arrow keys)
SyncSource TF - changing the measurement Stimulus type from “Synchronized” to “Random" now switches the Generator noise stimulus back to “Random”
Fixed a bug where unchecking "Always Calculate" (LIR) in TF Measurement Settings prevented the LIR from calculating at all
Fixed a bug where FTW was not applying to the Phase trace
Fixed various issues related to measurement Weighting controls
Fixed a crash that occurred when normalizing a captured TF average trace with a normal TF trace
Increased default API command timeout to prevent erroneous timeout responses
Pressing the ‘G’ hotkey when the Generator is not configured now displays the message saying that the Generator is not configured
“Save As” is now enabled when multiple traces are selected in the Data Library
Fixed a bug where clicking full screen button (+) in the macOS build would not make the program exit full screen mode
Fixed a bug where modifying or averaging a captured Spectrum average trace would corrupt the data
Fixed a bug where hiding and showing a captured Spectrum average trace would cause the data to change
Fixed a bug where the Plot Calibrated Level setting wouldn’t immediately apply to running Spectrum measurements
Fixed a bug where creating a new session folder would make shown traces disappear from the Data Bar until the Data Library was refreshed
Fixed a bug where clicking the "Metric" radio button in General Preferences more than once would cause a black hole
Fixed a bug where some Y axis unit labels were missing from the RTA when "Plot Calibrated Levels" was enabled for the first time
Fixed a crash that occurred after “0” was manually entered into the Signal Generator level field
Fixed a bug where the LIR cursor readout was incorrect if the cursor was to the left of center
Fixed a crash that occurred when closing a secondary window and choosing to keep the tabs
New Audient® EVO device control integration
New “SyncSource™ TF” measurement mode
New generator “Fade-In” option
Added unweighted "Peak" as a built-in sound level metric
Added an option to turn off zero-padding for Pink Sweeps
Transfer Function - both Polar- and Complex-averaged magnitude data sets are now always calculated/stored
Improved behavior when multi-selecting measurements to create a live average
Improved visual performance while resizing the application window
When editing output Trim, pressing the Enter key now moves focus to the next Trim cell
Fixed a bug where Spectrum Target Curves were not changing level when the Banding changed
Fixed a bug where the visibility state of the Input Meters window was not persistent in the Windows build
Fixed a bug where the Signal Generator level field allowed non-integers to be entered
Fixed a bug where traces could no longer be assigned to a specific plot via drag-and-drop
Fixed a bug where enabling “Plot Proportional Graphs” would break other visible TF plots
Fixed a bug where the plot axis was incorrectly labeled when “Phase as Group Delay” was enabled
Fixed a bug where custom window names did not persist after restarting Smaart
Fixed a bug where the LIR axis time delay time label would be truncated if the delay time was >100ms
Fixed a bug where Copy/Export to ASCII was not using the banded or smoothed data set
Fixed a bug where the Client Window LIR plot wasn’t painting the trace correctly
Fixed a bug where pressing hotkeys repeatedly would open multiple copies of various dialogs
Fixed a bug where clicking outside of the plot type droplist would still open it
Fixed various bugs related to Locked Cursors, and Cursor Readout
Fixed various bugs related to user-defined Plot Views, and Plot Preference
Fixed a memory leak in the macOS build.
Fixed various issues related to moving Smaart between screens with different DPI settings
Improved a rendering behavior when resizing the application window
Fixed a bug where Target Curves were not reacting to changes in banding.
Fixed a bug where recapturing a stored trace didn’t update the trace in other windows.
Fixed a bug where dragging a measurement engine too high in the Control Bar would make it disappear.
Fixed a bug where the circular delay tracker button wouldn’t always turn red when locked “on”
Fixed a bug where the Input Meters would not remain showing after restarting Smaart in Windows.
Fixed blurry Find/Track/+/- Delay buttons in the Control Bar.
New v9 API SDK available
Plot zoom states and threshold widget positions are now persistent.
Fixed a bug where Target Curve line thickness wouldn’t apply
Fixed various bugs that resulted in TF traces plotting without smoothing despite smoothing being applied.
Fixed a bug that resulted in the magnitude column of ASCII imports showing 0.00dB for all frequencies.
Fixed a crash that occurred when averaging two traces that were captured from live averages.
Fixed a bug where the built in SPL Meter’s input selection wasn't persistent between application launches
Fixed various crashes and bugs in the client window and API.
Background dimming component is now closed if the skin manager is called into focus.
Under The Hood
Reimplemented Multi-Spectrum view  hotkey.
Fixed a crash that occured after changing target curve color and restarting Smaart
Fixed a bug where open folders outside of the session folder would collapse when the plot view was changed
Fixed a bug that prevented changing the TF device/channel after the TF was created
Fixed a bug that prevented captured TF average traces from being shown after they were hidden.
Fixed various issues related to showing target curves
Fixed tab droplist in view flyup
Fixed FTW cutoff indicator line
Was this article helpful?
Thank you for your feedback
Sorry! We couldn't be helpful
Thank you for your feedback
We appreciate your effort and will try to fix the article