My computer crashed/exploded/was stolen/run over, how can I get my installation spot back?
If your computer crashed or is otherwise inaccessible, and Smaart can no longer be accessed to deactivate normally (Help > About > Deactivate this Installation), please send us an email explaining the situation and we will work on getting the installation spot freed on your license. Please make sure that you include your license number and the machine ID that needs to be removed. This information can be found under your account at https://my.rationalacoustics.com.
Additionally, you can send in a pre-formatted request for us to manually remove a machine ID from your license. To do this, please log in to your https://my.rationalacoustics.com account, navigate to the corresponding license by clicking on its code, click "[release]" next to the machine ID that needs to be removed, and lastly select "REQUEST MACHINE ID REMOVAL HERE".
Alternatively, you can send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org containing:
- The Account Name or email address for the my.rationalacoustics.com account the license is registered to
- You can instead provide the license code itself
- The Machine ID (or Machine Name) to remove
- If you are replacing an install, also send the new Machine ID you'll activate in its place
- The reason for removal (why you cannot deactivate it normally)