As of July 15th, 2016, manual requests for PICs have been discontinued. If you own SmaartLive v5 for v6 Owners, you will be able to generate and manage your PICs through your https://my.rationalacoustics.com account.
Smaart v5 will continue to run on computers that already have it installed, but new installations will only last for 21 days until they will be automatically disabled.
Follow the instructions below to install SmaartLive 5 on Windows Vista or newer. If you complete the installation and you still see numerous errors upon starting SmaartLive 5, please uninstall the program and follow the instructions again.
Note: You will always see a "Cannot execute machnm1.exe" error when starting SmaartLive 5. This error does not affect the measurement functionality of the program.
Installing SmaartLive 5 on Windows Vista/7/8:
1. Right-click the installer file (if installing from a disc, browse to the disc and right-click setup.exe file), select "Run as Administrator"
2. Enter your license code and Permanent Install Code for this computer (PICs are computer-specific)* and complete the installation
3. Before starting v5, navigate to C:\Program Files (x86)\SmaartLive 5\ and right-click the file names "rt.exe"
4. Select "Properties" from the menu, then click on the "Compatibility" tab
5. At the bottom of the "Compatibility" tab, check the box that says "Run this program as an Administrator". Then hit "Apply" and "Ok". Now start SmaartLive 5